Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ginger is in Labor!!

Mom and I got to Temple around 5:00 pm. We arrived at the hospital to find that Ginger (who had been on Pitocin for several hours) was still only dilated to a one and was having very light contractions (she didn't really even flinch with the contractions she was having). She was hungry...but otherwise looked like she felt pretty good! As the night wore on, Ginger began to get frustrated at the lack of progress. Jesse tried to comfort her telling her that it was worth it and before long she'd be holding a beautiful baby in her arms.
Then he sat there watching the monitor to see how close her contractions were.
Grandmommy, Mom, and I sat on this couch talking with Ginger, Jesse, and Cindy. Can you believe that I actually had Mom bring me food back to the hospital (I was afraid I'd miss something if I left) and we ate it in front of ravenous Ginger?!? She told us that it was ok...but we still felt like we were doing something illegal! lol
Around 11 pm Grandmommy, Mom, and I went back to Daddy Ken & Grandmommy's house to sleep for the night. We left Ginger with strict instructions to call if things started progressing. When we arrived at the hospital at 8 am on Sunday morning...she was still only dilated to a ONE! Yikes! About 10:30 Mom and I headed back to Arlington since we were driving back to KS the next day. Ginger had a looooooong labor process. McKenna Faylee wasn't born until 7:30 am on MONDAY! Even though we didn't get to be there to video the birth, I'm glad that we got to spend sometime with Ginger & Jesse while they were in the process of having McKenna! I can't wait to get to see her in person!

1 comment:

Steve and Joan said...

I'm glad you went too! I am sure you helped Ginger pass the time that would have seemed much longer if you hadn't been there.