Wednesday, October 24, 2007

APPROVED!

Do you remember when I told you about the ROM Quick Gym? I asked you to vote about whether you would use a 4 minute exercise machine?

Last week I wrote up a grant proposal seeking funding from the Rice Community Healthcare Foundation for a ROM Quick Gym for our fitness center. I was in Colorado when their Board met, so I sent RaeAnn and Dr. Mel Wright (the owner of Quick Gym McPherson) in my stead. They turned in my proposal to the Board and made a short presentation about the ROM.

We got word yesterday that the RCHF will FULLY FUND a ROM for our fitness center!!!! That's almost a $16,000 grant!!!! I put in the order for our ROM yesterday. We should have it before Christmas (maybe even before Thanksgiving)!!!! I can't wait! People are already starting to ask about making appointments!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way to go Staci! Those grant proposals can be difficult, and a pain, to write. I am anxious to see if your clients will like the new machine.

Laura said...

Great news!!! I can't wait to hear results!!

suzspeaks said...

that is awesome!!! I can't wait to hear all about it! Great work!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed. You must add that to your resume if you ever need to look for another job.

Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

That is so awesome! I wish my gym had one of those...I would love it!

Congrats on your hard work paying off.

Amy said...

Good job, Staci!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to get it! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Staci!!! I hope your hard work is recognized. Getting a grant proposal fully funded is quite an accomplishment. You are so smart!!!