Monday, October 29, 2007

Productive Weekend

This weekend was productive, but very tiring! Friday night Mike went to St. John to pick up Nancy. When he got home we finished pricing everything for the garage sale. Saturday morning we got up early, loaded the truck/trailer, ate breakfast, and were in town before sunup to set up for the garage sale. Jed & Michelle graciously allowed us to have it at their house (since people wouldn't search for it out at our country house!) Michelle even hung out with me all day...and helped me load everything back up afterwards! We did pretty good with the sale...but I think we could've done better if it was warmer! It was in the 30's on Saturday morning! BRRRRRR! Michelle and I were freezing standing outside taking money from people!

The secretary at our church has started a new ministry. She has garage sales and then gives all the proceeds to our missionaries. I called her up and asked her if she wanted everything that was left over from our garage sale. She was excited about it (especially when she saw how full our truck was) and we unloaded it at her house for her to store until their next sale. I was just glad to FINALLY get all that stuff out of our garage!!!

While I did the sale, Mike took Nancy to Oklahoma City to meet up with Mark and Angela (who were delivering to Nancy the car she recently purchased in TX). It was a fast trip. They left at 10 am and he was back home by 11 pm. He wasn't feeling very well when he left Saturday morning and was even worse by Saturday night. Yesterday he didn't go to church with me because he felt so bad! This morning (before I left for work) I took his temperature and it was 101.4! He got a flu shot last Thursday. I'm wondering if this is a result of that shot? I've heard of people getting the shot and then getting the flu! I hope Brody and I don't get whatever it is that he has! I emailed his co-worker this morning and told him that Mike would call him whenever he got up...and I gave Mike instructions to rest!

6 comments:

Laura said...

I have a sick husband too! I hope we don't get it! Yeah for a good yard sale!

RaeAnn said...

Glad you had a productive weekend! Some people I've talked to got sick after getting their flu shot too.

Amy said...

What a busy weekend. Glad the sale went well! Hope Mike feels better.

suzspeaks said...

I hope mike feels better soon!!!

Unknown said...

I always feel really happy when I am able to unload some of the junk in my house. Hope Mike feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

I got a flu shot a week ago and my arm still has a knot and is sore but so far nothing else.

Hope Mike is feeling better soon.