Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"Da-deeeee!"

Brody's says many words...actually he says more words than I can even count. His favorite word (and person for that matter) is "Da-deee". One day I tried to count how many times he said "Da-deee" and I lost count before lunch! A picture of Mike is the wallpaper on my computer and Brody LOVES that picture. If I'm working on something and he can't see the picture of Mike, he'll say "Da-deee" over and over until I minimize my work so he can see the picture. The he gets this excited gasp and sighs, "Da-deee". He's saying "Da-deeee" in this picture:
As soon as we get in the car to go home he says, "Da-deee?" Every day I say, "No, Daddy is at work. We'll see him when he gets home." I hear "Da-deee" several more times before nap time...but it really intensifies after he gets up from his afternoon nap! Some days I'm trying to get work done inside, so Brody will sit at the back door (some how he knows when it's time for Mike to get home) and wait for Mike.
Other days waiting at the back door isn't good enough. We have to go outside to watch for "Da-dee".
"Maybe if I'm sitting by the mower when Da-deee gets home he'll take me for a ride!"
"Da-deee" is home!!!!!

What does Brody do when Mike finally gets home? Does he run into his arms and want to cuddle? No...he usually starts searching for a toy as soon as Mike walks in the door. Then he takes it to Mike and wants to play.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brody, I can't tell you how good it makes daddy feel to be so loved. I too look forward to seeing you each day when I get home. Besides seeing your mommy, it's the highlight of my day!

Steve and Joan said...

Big smile! Warm heart! Happiness!!!

Daddy Steve

Ann Hastings said...

That is the cutest blog yet :)

Jamie said...

Such a sweet post!

Anonymous said...

When it's time to play, the kids always want Daddy! Collin refuses to say "Daddy", he only says Matt. It's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful loving bond between father and son.

Laura said...

What a sweet post, and sweet comments from Da-deeeee!

Anonymous said...

It seems like Daddy's are ready to play just as much as the kids are! At least Scott usually is anyway!

Anonymous said...

Mom's can play with kids all day, but it is totally different when Dad gets home and is ready to play.

Amy said...

You have such a sweet little boy there.

Amy said...

Oh, and do I see BBC minimized on your computer screen at work??? ahhaha J/K

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

So now the question is...does Mike have enough energy for playing with Brody? Having your child wait for your arrival has to be a much more rewarding feeling than just your dog greeting you at the door!
SR :)

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

That's too cute! I love how excited he gets! :-)

Sapphire

suzspeaks said...

That is so sweet!