Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fire in the Sky

Sunday morning I was fixing breakfast when I looked out the window to see what looked like fire in the sky! The sky was mostly cloudy...and was bright red from the rising sun! What made it even more magnificent was the reflection of the sky in the water soaked fields.


Kansas sunsets/sunrises are amazing. Megan came to visit me one time (while she was still living in CA) and told me that she had to pull over on the side of the road to watch the sunset across the open fields (I think she also told me that she sang the Dixie Chick song "Wide Open Spaces".)

Every day that I see the sunrise/sunset, I am reminded of the love of God. I look at the horizon and see the colors that he has painted in the sky. I can't help but stop and talk to my Lord and Savior and thank him for the beauty his hand has created.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! It might be the one thing that Kansas does better than Texas!

Steve and Joan said...

Fantastic colors. I'm glad you were awake in time to see the sunrise. What a special time!

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous! I remember that sunset so vividly-I really did have to pull over and watch it. There is nothing quite like the Kansas sky.

Jamie said...

Wow, those are breathtaking. Don't see any of those here in Ohio!

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

I am a sucker for sunsets...how beautiful! There definitely aren't as many "wide open spaces" in Dallas! Thanks for sharing!

RaeAnn said...

Wow! Those pictures are gorgeous! I hardly ever see the sunrise or sunset anymore. I love seeing those pictures!

Anna said...

Awesome shots! We definitely don't get that in CA!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

WOW! I'm so glad you were able to take those pics so that we could all see it too.