Monday, October 15, 2007

Blast-off!

A million points to the first person who can tell me what this game is called (not that it matters since I don't know how to put points on the side of my blog like Caleb has...but still...it's a contest!) After we have a winner...I'll tell you the story of this game :)

**********Yay! Dad still has a good memory! ;) **********

The name of the game is Blast-off! When we were little, Dad would have us sit in the middle of a sheet (the one in my memory was white with gold and olive green flowers all over it). Then he'd wrap it up around us and say, "3-2-1-Blast-off!!!" Then he'd carry us around the house slung over his back and we'd try to guess which room of the house we were in.

Sunday I was folding sheets and Brody kept climbing into the middle of the sheet...so I folded it up around him and introduced him to Blast-off! He LOVED the game (even though we couldn't really play the "guess what room you're in" part yet) and every time I'd set him down and unwrap him he'd say, "Me! Me!" So...we played it again and again!

9 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

I know, I know! But should I tell before everyone gets to guess?

Daddy Steve

P.S. I made it up and it is so cool to see Brody getting to play it!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the old game of "Potato Sack Race" to me.

Steve and Joan said...

I can't wait any longer - The game was called "Blast-off"! It was so much fun. Could he guess which room he was in?

Laura said...

What a fun family memory. Maybe we'll play it one day too!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I would tickle you in the sheet when Dad brought you into the room I was in. All of you loved that "game". It doesn't take much - just a little time to make a memory!

Anonymous said...

We would have Uncle Eddie be under a blue sheet and then the Blue Monster would eat us and take us under the blanket. I loved that game. See, why do we need toys?

Ledbetter Fam said...

I used to love doing something similar to that to Jana Kay. That's fun!

JB

Unknown said...

Fun memories! I was wondering what you were lugging around in your sheet. Now I know it was Brody!

Amy said...

Fun game.. and I think we had the same sheet you described, hahahaha