Thursday, April 19, 2007

Random

I wonder if Brody's ever going to get teeth? He's 8 months old and I still don't see any signs of teeth. Mom told me that she's never met anyone that NEVER had teeth...so I'm guessing that he'll get some...some day.

I know I've said this before...but I think Brody has Mike's temperature sensor. He's been waking up during the night the past few nights. We couldn't figure out why! I think I've figured it out. I think he's been hot! Last night I put him in a onesie (rather than a sleeper) and we opened the window and turned on the fan in his room. It was 64 degrees in his room this morning. He wasn't under any blankets and was sleeping like a baby (this saying still makes me laugh...it probably makes anyone laugh who's ever had a baby!)

Mike is not going to be coming over here to workout with me anymore :( With gas prices going up again, we figured that we spend and extra $60/month for him to drive the truck over here 3 days a week! Instead he's going to go to the gym that's right under his office ;) I think Garet (his partner in Central KS Outfitters) is going to workout with him. I'm going to start lifting with Tina. I'm sad that we won't get to see each other in the mornings...but $720 a year seems like a big savings.

7 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Glad you got it figured out! Now you can all sleep like babies!

About saving the money - very smart to keep an eye on expenses like that. Some decisions are difficult to make.

Tell everyone in Kansas "Howdy" for us!

RaeAnn said...

Wow! I would be all under the covers if it was 64 degrees!

Sorry Mike won't be working out with you anymore, I know you look forward to that. I'm glad he is going to continue to work out though. Saving that much money makes a big difference.

Ledbetter Fam said...

Don't worry about the teeth thing. Everyone of us in my family were late getting our teeth, and my boys were both around 9 months before their teeth started coming in. My dad was just telling me last night that it is unusual for babies to start getting teeth before 7 months. The age that they usually begin is 7-12 months of age. No worries!!!

JB

Unknown said...

I know several children who didn't have any teeth at all until they were one. My own child had 6 teeth by 6 months (his first two coming in at 4 months), and I must say that it was miserable! I don't know if he just dealt with pain better, but he was not nearly as fussy with the teeth he got in past nine months of age. I think your mom is right - I have never seen a person (with the exception of some really old people) with no teeth.

Jackson runs hot, too. We really haven't used blankets since he was just a few weeks old.

You guys are going to be saving lots of money!

By the way, you look great in your prom dress even if it does make me sick to see you so skinny with such a young baby! : )

suzspeaks said...

You guys are smart to save the $! Over $700.00 a year is a LOT! If Brody never got teeth, he'd still be adorable!!!

Teri said...

What time do they lift, I'm sending Chris over too....

Rebecca said...

I think it stinks that gas prices are going up so much and just because summer is coming...