Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Morning

I was very proud of myself on Sunday morning. Dad & Mom left an Easter present for Brody when they were here at the beginning of March. It has been sitting on our kitchen counter begging to be opened for a month! There were many times where I thought about peeking underneath the tissue paper to see what the present was...but I resisted. I was proud of myself for making it to Easter morning without peeking! lol Here's a series of pictures of Brody opening the present.

"You mean this is my present? If I'd had know that....I'd have opened this weeks ago!""This bag sure tastes good!"
"I'm supposed to pull this out?!?"
"Oh!! There's something in there besides yellow paper!!!"
"It's a book..."
"to chew on!"
"I think the bag tastes better."
"Thank you Daddy Steve and Namaw!!!"


After church on Sunday we rushed home to change clothes and feed Brody before heading to Great-Grandma Knowlton's house for lunch (pictures of that to come). When we left for church, we shut our bedroom door so that Remington wouldn't go in there and sleep on our new comforter. We were in total shock at what we found when we got home. Our "perfect" lab...the dog that's never been fed table food...and who never begs for food...had left a mess of plastic in our living room. Upon closer investigation we found that the plastic was the remains of 3 zip loc bags (previously containing 2 waffles and 2 biscuits) and a bread sack (previously containing an entire loaf of bread). Mike tells me that it's all Trevor (the yorkie's) fault. He said that Trevor convinces Remy to get the food off the counter, they eat it together, and then Remington takes the blame because Trevor knows that we know he can't reach food on the kitchen counter!!! We didn't feed them Sunday night. We figured that 2 full size waffles, 2 biscuits, and an ENTIRE loaf of bread was more than enough food for the day! If we'd left the bedroom door open during church, there might have been some dog hair on our bed...but at least we would've had bread for lunches yesterday!

10 comments:

Steve and Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve and Joan said...

I think it was Hank and Tex that put the idea in Trevor's head about getting the bread off the cabinet. You just can't trust cats! (Just ask Sarah... or Travis). I'm not so sure you should punish either Trevor or Remy, but you might should go straight to the cats. You could either tie them up with a power cord or have Travis throw rocks at them.

Brody - you are wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed chewing on the gift wrapping! Keep smiling! We love you!!!

RaeAnn said...

Those pictures of Brody are cute.

Just wait until Brody starts getting into things and blaminng in on Remy!!

Anonymous said...

Brody looked just precious in his little Sunday outfit. It was so much fun watching him open his gift and the big smile afterward was priceless. I am just "shocked" that Remy would do anything "bad." He and Trevor must have been hungry and the sacks were just too tempting. If only you had had a camera set up to capture the whole thing......

~mike said...

Brody,

You're the cutest little boy I've ever seen! I'm so glad that you took after your beautiful momma!

Love Daddy.

Amy said...

Love the Pics of Brody. Poor starving puppys. They would eat all day if they could.

Annie said...

what is going on with the animals of the world? have they had some secret meeting??

Shauna said...

Oh, I can remember the days when a nice little bag of gifts was good enough for my kids - this year, Mackenzie was like "mom, the easter bunny really didnt bring very much stuff!" Great!

suzspeaks said...

Brody's facial expressions are adorable!

I'm proud of you for not peeking!

Anna said...

Love the play by play...