Monday, April 23, 2007

Daddy Time

Brody had lots of Daddy Time this weekend since I was at soccer games Saturday and Sunday afternoon. I think they really enjoyed their alone time together. Every time I called they were playing...except for the time I called and Mike was changing a poopy diaper. I think Brody saved them up for Mike this weekend. I changed 1 all weekend and Mike changed 3 or 4! I don't think Mike really cared about the poopy diapers...he just enjoyed his time with his boy :)


Saturday morning it was nice and cool in our bedroom. There was a slight breeze blowing thru the window and I was getting ready to change the sheets on the bed. Mike walked into the bedroom with Brody and plopped him down on the bed. Brody thought it was funny to be on such a big bed! He started crawling around and then flinging himself on his back so he could stare up at the ceiling fan. Mike and I laid down on the bed with him and just watched him explore his new surroundings. Words can't really describe it...but it was such a sweet time for the three of us.

4 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Thank you for describing these little moments. We sure can identify with you. It brings back memories when we did the same thing with you, Caleb, and Tyler. We love you!

Dad

Ledbetter Fam said...

Daddy time is always good! I know they love playing with their daddies. That sounds like a sweet moment. It's hard to capture things like that in words! Can't wait to see you this weekend. Are you going to Becky's?

JB

suzspeaks said...

There is nothing better than watching your baby discover things!!!! Truly amazing!

Anonymous said...

It was a very special weekend! It was just the two of us and we got to just hang out. We did some mowing, played golf in the front yard, looked at the new growth on our pine trees, took a walk down the country road, and yes... changed poopy diapers. It's all worth it! I Love You Brody!