Thursday, February 22, 2007

Random

I have a fun video to post but I just haven't had time the past 2 nights. Maybe tonight...

This afternoon we're going to get Brody's 6 month pictures taken. We bought a package from a photographer in town where he takes a picture at 3, 6, 9, & 12 months. At then end of the year we'll get a framed set of pictures (1 from each session). The photographer is really good and the 3 month pictures looked awesome...but they're so expensive!!!! We paid $40 for the promotional package (that's not bad), however, it costs almost that much to get ONE 5"x7" picture! No thanks! Sorry.....but ya'll will just have to enjoy the pictures that we're taking. When we went to pick out the 3 month picture the photographer actually tried to get us to buy a $350 collage! It was really cute...but I think I'll try to take my own pictures for that price!

When I was home for a snow day (was that last week?) I got caught up on Brody's baby book journaling. Now I just need to order some pictures to put in there.

Wow...this is a really boring blog. I'm just rambling. My mind is full of things I need to do today. Let's see...I'm also supposed to get dog food and make a deposit on my way home from work. I'd give you my grocery list...but if you're not asleep yet it'd put you to sleep. Oooo...here's something fun. This is something that I'm gonna make (ingredients are on my grocery list) from my friend Ray Ray: http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/?q=recipes/turkey-florentine-meatball-heroes I let you know if it's good :)

6 comments:

Staci said...

Thanks! I was in the wrong time zone in my blog settings.

Steve and Joan said...

When is the video coming on-line?

Unknown said...

We always avoid the "real" portrait studios in favor of the digital ones where you get your pictures on the same day. The next time you go visit your parents, you should check out Portrait Innovations or Kiddie Kandids. They are MUCH cheaper than other portrait studios, and they even have this great promotional package (and have had it for at least the past year) where you can pick one pose and you get a crazy amount of photos for only $9.95. You also don't have to pay a sitting fee, so if your child does not cooperate, you can not pay anything and try again later. Just a thought...

I do love your pictures though! You are a great photographer!

Unknown said...

I should clarify that Portrait Innovations has the promotional package. There is one in Colleyville, I know, because I have used it many times!

Anonymous said...

staci, have you ever thought about
a job in photography?? you are
really good about capturing more
than just a face!

Anonymous said...

So was the recipe any good?