Friday, February 09, 2007

Nails

This morning I took on the task of trimming Brody's nails. If you've ever trimmed the nails of a baby...you know how hard it is while they're squirming around! Their fingers are so tiny! One time I thought I had a grand idea. On one of our trips to TX Brody fell asleep in his carseat. I climbed in to the back seat and started to trim his nails while he was asleep. Sounds perfect...right? Well, it would've been if we were sitting still. However, the first bump in the road caused me to cut into Brody's thumb...which resulted in him waking up screaming! Don't worry...he was fine...but I learned my lesson about cutting nails in the car!

So here's the question of the day. What is the craziest thing you've ever done to trim your child's nails?

4 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

We do "This Little Piggy" while we're doing it, or "Five Little Basketballs", etc. We just play rhyming games and they think it's funny. Brody is old enough to just listen to the rhythm of what you are saying, or sing a song while you're doing it. Sit him on you lap and hold his hands out in front of him so he can see. It works for our boys!

JB

Cindi Koceich said...

I actually used to chew their nails off. Sounds weird, but it works and I never cut them that way!

Anonymous said...

I have bitten them off too! Especially if I did not have trimmers. Yes, singing or doing something distracting is good too. I think I have done it while sleeping too, although all too soon they just pull their hand away while sleeping. lol!

Shauna said...

I chew the kids nails off too! It is the only way that I ever figured out how to do it without hurting them. You should try it!