Monday, July 03, 2006

MIA

I'm starting to have people ask why I've been MIA for so long! We've been super busy! Dad & Mom came up for a visit (arrived last Wednesday). We've been busy working on the house! It has really helped having them here to give Mike a hand. I just seem to poop out really quickly lately.

Today Mike and I had to go back to work...but Dad & Mom stayed busy at our house! It was fun to come home to completed projects (that we didn't have to do!). Work was VERY busy today getting ready for the annual Freedom Run (a race the rec. puts on each year on July 4th). It was Mike's first day at the new job and he was busy moving into his new office and setting up the new office furniture!



Julie, Lauren, Katelyn, & Collin came by for a visit this afternoon. Julie & Matt are visiting some friends and family that live in Wichita...so while Matt was playing golf, Julie came up to see us! It was sooo fun getting to see the girls and especially the new baby, Collin! (This is a picture of me, Collin, & Julie in the baby's room.)



The girls enjoyed cooling off in our pool! It was fun watching them splash around.










Dad & Mom will be heading back to TX on Wednesday :( We should have fun tomorrow (July 4th). Mike, Dad, & Mom are all going to help me with the race and then we'll enjoy some time at Sterling Lake. Every year Sterling puts on an "Old Fashioned 4th of July". It's lots of fun. Then we'll get to see the big fireworks show tomorrow night.


While Dad was here....I wanted him to take a few pictures of me and Mike. This is one of my favorites. We're standing out in front of our house after church. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture! You guys are so cute.

Shauna said...

I love that picture! That is so special! You will be so happy to have that years down the line.

suzspeaks said...

I'm not sure why, other than it is just so special, but the pic of you two (three) made me teary-eyed!!

I'm glad to hear about your time w/ your parents!

Hope you had a great 4th!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic. black and white makes it so much better.
Love ya

Rebecca said...

What a great pic! I'm glad you got some time with your family.