Wednesday, July 12, 2006

No Pool Needed

Sitting at my desk and looking out the window it looks like a beautiful summer day outside! In fact, I don't even imagine it being hot (since it's a cool 74 degrees in here). It looks more like a spring day. I can imagine it being 74 degrees with a slight cool breeze.

Until...I look up and see that the trees are PERFECTLY still (very unusual in Kansas). Then I watch people as they walk INTO the gym. They are already drenched! So I go step outside to get a better perspective on the weather of the day (remember I haven't been outside since I came in at 4:30 this morning). I suddenly realize why there is not a need for swimming pools today. The air is so full of moisture you feel like you should have a bathing suit on just to venture out the door!

I came back inside and looked at the weather online. We are currently at 88% humidity on a bright, sunny, July day. I don't think I'll venture out to the pool this afternoon. When I get home I think I'll RUN (I know...I just made you laugh with that visual image!) from the car to the house and lock the door behind me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...88% humidity...sounds a lot like Houston every single day!