Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Beached Whale

This is a picture of a beached whale. I think we may be related. Have you ever watched rescue workers try to get a beached whale back to sea? They can't even roll the thing over! They have to use lots of equipment, tug boats, etc to even move it!

Well...every night I feel like a beached whale. I'll wake up and need to turn over and feel like I need a crew of people to help me accomplish my goal! I'm sure Mike feels like he's in the ocean with how much my movements rock the bed. I flail myself onto my back and then somehow pull myself over to my other side while at the same time trying to keep the pillow between my knees. Then I have to resituate my pillows and covers. By the time I get turned over...I'm wide awake.

All this to say that the next time I see a news story about a beached whale...I will have empathy for the whale and sympathy for the rescue workers!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

You are in no way related to the whale but I understand how you feel! It will better soon enough!! Just be patient. There is a reason that God makes these past few weeks miserable - He is preparing you for labor and delivery!! You have to want this boy out really bad!! :) Love ya!