Monday, July 10, 2006

Fun in the Sun

Tina (one of the LRC aerobics instructors) is married to a doctor who is associated with the Hutchinson Clinic. They received a bunch of tickets for the US Senior Open thru the Hutch clinic and gave Mike and I tickets for Saturday and Sunday! They also gave us passes to go to the Hutch Clinic hospitality tent and skybox. Let me tell you that the hospitality tent was a lifesaver! Not only did we get free food/drinks...it was air conditioned! They also had nice bathrooms for people with passes to use (rather than the port-a-pots everyone else used)!

You can take a virtual tour of the course at Prairie Dunes at http://www.prairiedunes.com/course_tour.shtml I took the tour and you can tell how beautiful the course is, however, you'll need to imagine over 100,000 people milling around and add in some tents and grandstands to the pictues of the holes :)

We had sooooo much fun at the Open! It was neat to see all the golfers up close along with watching how they play in person. I have to say that golf is THE quietest sporting event I have ever attended! When the golfer was getting ready to putt...you could hear a pin drop! All you could hear was the sound of the birds, the leaves rustling in the trees...and the occasional motor from the MetLife blimp.

Mike is going to play in a tournament at Prairie Dunes on July 31st. He is VERY excited! He said he'll take the camera and take lots of pictures (since they didn't allow cameras at the Open on Sat/Sun). I'll be sure to share them.

I know some of you will...so yes...it was an experience going to the Open 34 wks pregnant! I had lots of unique looks and comments from people. Some of the course was hilly and I remember commenting to Mike that it would be impossible for me to climb a 14er right now. I was getting out of breath just walking up the short hills! Even though it was tiring...I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you got to have that experience this weekend. I never watch golf, but I watched that some hoping to get a glance of you all. That is some golf course, Hope Mike can play there sometime, GG