Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Yearning

Every summer Mike and I look forward to a Colorado vacation. We dream and plan about which 5 mountains we'll climb that summer (although we've always only gotten in four 14ers in a week). We go through all our gear and make sure we have everything we need. We make plans to meet up with Ben & Julie in Buena Vista at some point during the trip. As the day approaches the atmosphere is almost electric with excitement!!!

Well....this summer we won't be making our mountain climbing trip (mainly because I'm 32 weeks pregnant!) Now don't get me wrong, we wouldn't trade this baby for anything...but there are days where I can just feel the mountains tugging at my heart. I love having time with Mike away from all the convinences of everyday life. We park our car, strap on our packs, and then it's just us, a mountain, and God! Not only do these trips draw me closer to my husband...they also draw me closer to my creator. Everywhere I look I see the awesome power of our almighty God! How people can see a view like this and think the world is just a random happening is beyond my comprehension.

Right now I'm just feeling a longing to have that special quiet time with God. Time away from the business of work and everyday life. Time to take a deep breath and just sit down and marvel at the glory of His creation! Since I can't do that in the Rockies...I need to take time to slow down and notice Him where I am. I am so thankful that I don't have to go to some special place to be able to spend time with God. He is with me everywhere I go. I have done nothing to deserve the salvation that He has so freely given me through Christ...yet He had mercy on me and drew my heart to Him. I am so thankful for the relationship that I have with my Savior and pray that I am able to share this love with our children!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you, Staci ReKnee!

Think about taking little baby B on the trip next year-that will be an amazing family time! He's going to be the only 1 year old I know who climbs mountains!

Shauna said...

Staci,
I think that I needed that today. I appreciate your spirit so much and I love the little bit of inspiration that you give me here and there. I have always admired you and your steadfast faith! Soak up everybit of your alone time for the next few weeks then you will have a whole new adventure to embark on!
Shauna