Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Day of Understanding

For anyone that has ever attended or visited Sooner Youth Camp, you know the true meaning of hot! As girls we always wanted to look our best for the evening worship. We would come back early from the lake so that we would have time to do our hair and pick out a dress to wear. Then we would sit in front of our box fans to keep from sweating until it was time to go to dinner. I remember one year that Megan and Shauna found a new use for deodorant. They convinced us (me and Juli Beth) that it was a good idea to put deodorant on our upper thighs. They were raving about what a difference it made! After the 2nd or 3rd night of doing this I finally asked them why in the world they thought it was amazing. They explained to me that it kept their legs from chafing and sweating as much where their thighs rubbed together. No wonder I didn't understand. My thighs didn't even touch! So basically I was just wasting deodorant.

I tell you this story because pregnancy changes your body and not too long ago I suddenly understood Megan & Shauna's reasoning. :)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

YEA!!!! I am so glad that your thighs finally touch!!! I just did that yesterday!!!!! So funny! I rarely ever wear skirts but I did yesterday and I sure did use the trick! THat is just really funny that you brought that up!

Anonymous said...

This totally cracks me up! Welcome to the real world, baby. Welcome to the real world. :)