Friday, June 09, 2006

Night Owls

What time seems late for you on a week night? For me 10:00 pm seems soooo late! Mike has made sure lately that I'm in bed by 9 pm on week nights. Last night I fell asleep very fast. In fact I remember that I was singing a goodnight song to the baby and it actually put me to sleep. I was woken up by the phone ringing about 45 minutes later. Mike came into the bedroom looking for the phone and I remember saying, "What time is it?" He said it was 9:45 and I was thinking, "Who in the world calls people this late?!?!?" I forget that there was a time where I thought as long as you call before 10 pm it's acceptable ;) So after Mike tells me who I need to call back the next day...I drift back to sleep.

I'm woken up again at 12:30 am by the sound of loud motors. When I fell asleep last night our friend Chris was harvesting the wheat field across the road from us. He also works the ground surrounding our property. Well...I came to the realization that he was still harvesting at 12:30 am! After telling Mike how crazy it was for someone to still be up working just 3 hours before I have to get up for a new day...I fell back to sleep...this time to the sound of money (at least that's what that sound is for Chris!)

This is a picture of the wheat field to the east of our house. It was taken early one morning while the dew was still fresh :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa never started the lawnmower on Saturday mornings until 7:00. That is another unwritten rule.

Rebecca said...

Wow! 9pm?!? I'm still wondering what you do at 3 in the morning!

Shauna said...

I understand the early to bed concept - I am in bed when my kids are all in bed. I love my sleep and I just cannot believe it when people call my house at like 9:00pm - Don't they know that I am a boring, no-life, mother of 3 that is in BED!!!!! :0)