Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Grown Up?

My mom sent me this email today. She must have been remembering summer's past. She's always been the joke writer of the family ;)

Pleasant Ridge Kids know they have grown up when:

1. Doing the "wild thing" doesn't make you think about Iron Springs.

2. Wearing a long sleeve dress shirt when you're going to be outside for hours in 100 degree heat never crosses your mind.

3. When it has been years since you have "washed" your hair in the lake.

4. You no longer think a fan hung by ropes from the ceiling is adequate for sleeping during the summer.

5. You haven't taken your full length mirror off the wall lately to take on a trip.

6. You don't get matching t-shirts for plane trips.

7. TNT makes you think of dynamite.

8. JAM is something you put on your bagels.

9. Paper hearts are something your kids make at school on Valentines Day.

10. Your current friends don't know that "Bible Study" is a card game.

11. The only Blue Bird you see is out your living room window.

12. You no longer recognize every truck stop between Arlington and Colorado.

13. You don't ride in a bus to formal events.

14. You wonder why someone started a Herbert Club.

15. 5th quarter means you have now found $1.25 in your car.


Feel free to think of more and post them in the comment section!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Some of those I don't get because I was only an adopted PR Kid...but some I do and they make me think of good times and good friends!

suzspeaks said...

Great list Joan!! OHHH the memories. The Herbert club really makes me laugh!! we WERE SOOO COOL!!

Anonymous said...

Totally laughed about the Herbert club...

So connor is really into those rubber lizards, and I think about the good 'ol herbert club every time he gets one!

That's a great list. :)

Rebecca said...

That's really funny...I especially like the one about the matching tshirts because I had to do that just yesterday when coming back from Mexico. Great memories though!