Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Back to School

Tomorrow I'll be 12 wks pregnant and I'm anxiously awaiting the energy burst that many say the receive after 12-13 wks. I really need it!

Along with being pregnant, working full-time, numerous church committment, and lots of work to do at home...I've decided to take 6 hours of college classes online including Accounting I and Microeconomics. Sounds fun, huh? I've tried to convince myself that I do my best school work when I'm maxed out timewise. My sophomore year at ACU I was pledging KJK, training for the White Rock Marathon, and taking 21 hours! I actually did really well in my classes that semester, so I'm hoping the same will be true now.

It's been 5 1/2 years since I was a student and it's taking me a little while to get used to studying again. I can't imagine how hard it is for adults who go back to college in their 40's and 50's! I find that it's still easy to put off my homework until the day before it's due. My first Accounting test is next week, so we'll see how good I am at retaining what I've been learning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and study hard!!

suzspeaks said...

Wow! That is a lot to have on your plate at one time!! Just wait till you're a mommy though!! I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Shauna said...

Staci - You know that I work for a university that offers online classes!!! What school are you going to? Anyway - that is tough to handle all of that - my junior year is when I got pregnant with Mackenzie so I was taking about 16 credit hours, working full time, and pregnant...then I kept going to school after she was born - it was definitely tough, but worthwhile!

Anonymous said...

Loved the "before" and "after" pictures. That "before" picture was perfect. So cute!!!!!