Friday, February 10, 2006

Wheat Prices

Daddy Ken and Grandmommy emailed me this morning to tell me they are getting rain in Temple today! I know that it is some much needed rain. Anyone living in Kansas, Oklahoma, or Texas would love to get a big downpour right about now and get rid of all the fire danger. So I told Junior, my boss, that they were getting rain and he said, "There goes wheat prices!" If you're a city girl like me you're thinking "what?"

So Junior explained to me that wheat is up over $4 a bushell right now and is staying high because of the drought. The market is predicting a bad crop this summer because of the fact that no one is getting rain. So his theory is that if it rains in KS, OK, or TX wheat prices will begin to drop because the wheat outlook will be more optimistic.

And I thought I was the one taking economics ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

STACI,

AFTER TALKING TO SUZANNE, SHE TOLD ME THAT STACI WAS YOU. IT'S GREAT TO FIND THE YOUNG PEOPLE THAT ALL OF YOU GREW UP TOGETHER. I'M SURE YOUR DAD AND MOM ARE EXCITED ABOUT BECOMING GRANPARENTS. IT IS GREAT. YOU WILL HAVE TO TELL IT'S A WONDERFUL FEELING. HAVE A GREAT DAY. KANDI GREGG