Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Love

Tuesday was Valentine's Day. Many people think V-day is a conspiracy to make people express their feelings to one another. Mike and I tell each other daily how much the other means, but I still think it's fun to have a day to do something special.

We usually try not to spend tons of money on each other on V-day since we've needed money to build the house and especially now that we have a baby on the way. So I got a card for Mike and a cool shaped bar of chocolate. I also planned out a wonderful homemade dinner. I made lasagna, garlic/cheese bicuits, salad, and cheesecake (store bought).

I was in the middle of making the biscuits when Mike walked in the door. He had a beautiful arrangement of yellow roses! What a sweetie! While some women would rather their husband buy something practical...I'm a sucker for flowers. Then he handed me an envelope. As I pulled out the 8x10 picture inside the tears began rolling down my face.

Mike had made a photo collage of some wonderful memories we shared together this past year. Then on the back he wrote one of the most beautiful letters I've ever read! He is so creative and is really blessed with the ability to express his feelings thru words.

So after I wiped away my tears and gave him a big hug...I went back to making the dinner. I love the fact that Mike and I can have so much fun just hanging out at home together.

The evening ended with me falling asleep on the couch at 8:00 pm :)
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

suzspeaks said...

That is soo sweet!

Shauna said...

I am so glad that you had a good V-day - Kip and I were so exhausted from everything and everyone that we exchanged cards...he went to the couch and I went to the gym for some down time! That was a great present for both of us!

Anonymous said...

Mike is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Staci, you haven't blogged in a few days...where are you?

Don't forget your bpotw (that's belly picture of the week:)