Friday, February 03, 2006

Fat Fridays

This morning I unlocked the door to the gym and the woman who's always first to the door came on in. Before she even said "good morning" she said, "Are you getting fat or do you have some news for me?" Wow! I'm guessing she'd heard I was pregnant from someone else and wanted to hear it from me. I can't imagine EVER asking a woman that if I didn't know FOR SURE that she was pregnant. I told her that I'm pregnant, but in retrospect....I wonder how the conversation would have gone if I said that I was just getting fat?

Fridays always seem to go so quickly! I have lots of little things to do at work on Fridays along with teaching 2 aerobics classes. One class is at the gym. This is our aerobics room.

On Fridays we do a circuit class (mixture of cardio and toning). The 2nd class is at the Senior Center. This one is really more of a social hour than exercise. We spend half of the time doing exercises sitting in a chair! I think some of the ladies come just to hear me talk about my life. One day one of the ladies was running late and she was practically running into the room. I was already telling them about something that had gone on in my life that week and she said, "Wait! Don't start telling us stories yet! I want to hear!" I think that Dad must have passed down his good storytelling genes to me :)

3 comments:

Shauna said...

That is really funny - I love listening to the seniors at our gym - they have water aerobics right around the time that I usually go in - I eavesdrop in the locker room. Great conversation!

Anonymous said...

Your Fridays go by fast but mine seem to go slow!

suzspeaks said...

That is cute~ I can picture you in a room with the old ladies! I can't believe the woman asked if you were getting fat!! The things people say when you're pregnant & after!!