Monday, February 20, 2006

Faith of a Child

My cousin, Julie, emailed me today to tell me about how cold it is in Texas. She said that her 5 year old, Lauren, is praying for snow. Julie said the forecast doesn't look like it will snow for her. I love what she said next, "It is so cute when she prays for something because she is absolutely confident that God will do it for her. Nevermind that the last 8000 requests went unanswered as far as she could tell. No wonder God wants us to have the faith of a child – they just don’t question his power or his grace. Awesome!"

(This is a picture of Lauren and Mike throwing leaves on each other at Christmas)

Today at Bible study I was humbled and challenged by another child. Jacob is the 4 year old son of our leader, Sarah. We have all been working on memorizing I Peter. I am thru verse 16...still a ways to go. Well, Sarah was telling us how she was practicing saying her verses out loud in the car. Suddenly Jacob spoke up and said, "Mommy, you missed 4 words in the last 2 verses." She replied (kinda sarcastically), "really? You think you can do better?" Well...he proceeded to recite I Peter 1:1-17!!! A 4 year old! Talk about inspiration. If he is this excited about the Word of God at the age of 4...I can only imagine what he'll do for God in his lifetime. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shauna said...

That is great. Last night, Mackenzie and I were praying before she went to sleep - and she always finishes the prayers up -she said, "and Jesus...you are the best!" Mackenzie always tells me and Kip that we are the best but it was great to hear her trying her hardest to explain her love for Christ.