Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Good and the Bad

Sunday was game day at our house.  First up was the Rangers/Yankees game.  It was a WARM summer afternoon to be at the ballpark.  We were soaked (with sweat) by the time we left, but we had so much fun!  The best part?  The Rangers not only beat the Yankees...but it was a sweep!!!!
Have I mentioned that I'm not crazy about big sunglasses coming back in style?  I love the functionality of them...but I think I look ridiculous in them!!!  I liked the big ones I had before this pair...but like every other pair I buy...they broke within the first year.  I purchased these in a hurry (with kids giving me their opinion).


Ann (a lifelong Yankees fan) noticed that some of the fans had plastic cups that had something about the Yankees on it along with the Texas Rangers logo.  At the end of the game she asked the guy in the yellow shirt if she could have the cup that was lying on the ground under his seat.  Can you believe he told her no?  We ended up finding one that someone had left behind.  Don't worry...she'll wash it good before using it ;)
Ann & Caleb show us the score (not a very high scoring game!)
There were lots of fans who brought brooms (rooting for a sweep).  This was probably the wimpiest one we saw (and the guy's wide eyes are a little freaky), but he was all for getting his picture with a Yankee fan! lol

After the game we all headed back to our house to get ready for game #2...the first game of the Cowboys regular season.  We all changed into our Dallas Cowboys attire and our friends, Jason & Julie, joined us just in time for dinner.  Mike made some delicious food (crab dip appetizer, a yummy salad, and calzones) and Tyler & Ann brought tiramisu for dessert!  It's a good thing we had good food and friends surrounding us that evening...because the game was terrible!  I sure hope the Cowboys don't look that bad every game this season.  They made mistake after mistake...and it cost them the game!

Even with the Cowboys loss, we had such a fun day!  I love my family!

(Side note:  I almost forgot to mention that we had to hire a babysitter while we went to the Rangers game.  I think this was the first time Barrett's had anyone but family babysit.  We asked Morgan, the daughter of one of Ann's co-workers, to babysit for us.  I was a little nervous about the fact that she's only 12 years old...but I was babysitting a lot at 12 years old.  I wonder if I looked as young to the parents as Morgan looked to us?  Anyways, she did a great job!  In fact, when we got back, Brody begged to let her stay "just one more hour".  I don't think he realized that it would cost money for her to stay one more hour! lol)

3 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

We had such a great time with everyone (as always)... I even had a great time at the game even though my team lost!!!
We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family! I love every minute we spend together.

Amy said...

We were at that same game. You beat me to a blog post, though. You are always on top of things!

Rebecca said...

Looks like fun at the Ballpark. I refuse to comment about the Cowboys game, but I'm glad the Rangers won while you guys were there. It's always more fun to go to a game where we win!