Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brick Oven Ben

Thursday, September 16, 2010

We arrived in BV just in time for dinner with Ben & Julie (and Malachi, Mikayla, & Sylvia...I can't believe they've had 2 children since the last time we saw them!!!)  We were excited to see the outdoor kitchen that Ben has been building on their back porch.  He finished the brick oven this summer and is still putting the finishing touches on the rest of the outdoor kitchen. 
Can you guess what we had for dinner?  Brick Over Pizza!!!!  It was sooooooo good!  Here are Brody and Malachi chowin' down at one of the newly built tables.
Mikayla and Brody opted for the little picnic table while the adults sat on the other side of the yard at the big picnic table.
I didn't get a picture of our table, but I did get a picture of my pizza!  I know this isn't a Paula quality food picture.  It was getting dark and I don't normally take pictures of food (at least those are my excuses), however, I hope you're still able to see how delicious the pizza was!

We also had dessert pizza.  It was simple.  Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar (lightly) on the crust, cover with strawberries and a few chocolate chips, and then give it to Ben to put in the brick oven.  Scrumpdiddleumptious!  Not only were the pizzas good, but now Ben has inspired Mike to add a brick oven to our backyard.  We'll have to see if we can figure out a good place to put one...and see if Mike has time to build one.  I would love it!!!

After dinner, Ben & Julie packed up their minivan (when we first met 10 years ago I never would've pictured them in a minivan! Oh how we've all changed! lol) and we headed up to Julie's parents' log home at Twin Lakes, CO (they're on vacation and are letting us stay at their house this week).  We put the kids to bed and then Julie and I climbed in the hot tub while Mike and Ben planned for their trip tomorrow (they're going to climb Pyramid Peak).  It was so relaxing sitting in the warm hot tub under the cool, starlight night...talking with my best friend!  Oh how I've missed her! 

3 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Thanks for the last two sentences....now I know who you are talking about! What adorable kids! And how lucky she is to have found a husband that would build a brick oven and outdoor kitchen that would put my kitchen to shame!!! Good for them and their beautiful family! I am so glad you two are keeping in touch....never lose that friendship....it is priceless!

Rebecca said...

Wow...it looks like a really great day...I mean, you got 3 blogs out of it! I can't believe how beautiful the site was that you chose to camp in. Really majestic!

Ann Hastings said...

What a fun day! I am so glad y'all are blessed with such great friends, I hope to meet them someday!!! The pizza looks/sounds amazing, YES Mike needs to build y'all a Brick Oven so I can enjoy the results of that for sure!!!!

I am so glad the boys got to meet Ben & Julie's kids- I am sure they'll have lasting friendships together just like y'all do with their parents- I sure hope so! :)

Glad you got "girl time" in the hot tub- those moments are ones you should cherish!