Sunday, April 05, 2009

Staycation - Bass Pro Shop

After eating lunch, we headed to the Bass Pro Shop. Brody was soooo excited to get there. He sat on a majority of the ATV's that were in the store. I'm reminded how small he still is when I see him sitting on a 4 wheeler reaching for both handles!

The first place Brody headed was the golf department. He walked thru the golf dept turning his head left and right. Then he looked up at me and said, "Where is there course? I can't find their course!" We looked together and finally found their putting green. They even had a kid putter sitting out. Brody was a happy camper! I sat there watching him put for about 15 minutes. One of the golf pro's even came over and gave Brody some lessons on correct form.

What was Barrett doing? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

We've been wanting to get a new backpack/kid carrier. We were disappointed that there was only ONE to choose from at Bass Pro. It was a good one, but we decided to keep looking online. Brody didn't like it when we put this one back. He said that it's much more comfy than our black one. It couldn't be because we've used our current backpack so much that the boys are wearing holes in it!

We had to make one last stop before we left...the "shooting range". Mike popped in a couple quarters and let Brody have fun shooting a gun.
Five minutes after we got in the car both boys were asleep. Mike and I enjoyed the ride home with each other. It was a very fun day! I'm glad that we had a little staycation!

4 comments:

RaeAnn said...

It's nice to have those day trips! I'm needing a vacation right now!

Steve said...

Wow! I'm so glad you had a fun weekend!

I love the photo of Barrett asleep in the backpack.

Amy said...

What a nice day! Great pics too!

Ann Hastings said...

Looks like you had a great time :) What a fun staycation!