Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's the little things...

Do you make your bed every day? I know some people only make it when company is coming over. They say, "What's the point? I'll just be messing it up again tonight!" I'm the kind of person that likes to make it every day. I think it makes our bedroom look so much neater/cleaner when the bed's made.
Lately Mike has been making the bed before he leaves for work. He's the kind of person that doesn't see much sense in making a bed...so why does he do it? It's just one way he shows his love for me. It doesn't matter how many times he's made the bed in the past, EVERY time that I walk into our room and see the bed already made...a HUGE grin spreads across my face and my heart feels warm with love for my husband. Seems kinda funny that him making the bed brings forth such intense emotions...but it does! So thanks babe! Thanks for showing me that you love me even in the little things!

6 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

I've heard many times that there will never be a man good enough for your daughter but Mike has proved that old saying wrong. Mike, you exceed our expectations! Thank you for all you do to make your family a great one.

Steve

Rebecca said...

That's sweet! I love having the bed made too, but with the speed at which I get ready and bolt out the door, and the utter mess that I make of the sheets and covers every night (seriously unrecognizable), I don't typically get it done until summer. Maybe I'll make a goal to get it done every morning next week...well, maybe 3 mornings!

Ann Hastings said...

Haha- I am one of those people who likes to have the bed made everyday as well... lately, I've been slacking on that though :(
It's so sweet that Mike does that- and you're right, it's all about the little things!

Laura said...

I am with you- the bed has to be made. How sweet of Mike to make it for you!! He is such a great guy and a great role model for your boys!

Teri said...

I'm a bed maker too and I have to say WTG Mike!

Leave It To Davis said...

I also love the bed being made....that is why I bought our beautiful comforter and curtains and picures to match, but Dave just takes it off as soon as he gets home and puts on old quilt on it so he won't get the comforter dirty.....drives me nuts!