Monday, April 20, 2009

Silent Shooting

Last night Mike got home from working on our new house (yes, we helped Jonathan (the seller) move out on Saturday...so we officially have possession now!) and hollered inside for us to hurry and come outside. There were 2 ducks in our yard. I went and got some bread for Brody to feed them. Mike was telling Brody about the differences between males and females in the bird world while Brody threw bread at the birds and laughed.
Then Brody suddenly panicked and ran inside as he yelled, "I NEED my gun!!!!" Mike and I were dying laughing! He came back outside with his shotgun and proceeded to throw more bread to the ducks to lure them back closer to him.
Then he pulled up his gun and started shooting! (Yes, I realize that he is just in his underwear...but if you've had a toddler before...you know we're lucky that he had any clothes on!)
When they didn't fall dead, he turned to us and said, "I need some caps!" Since we didn't go get any caps for him, he just chased after the ducks aiming his gun and silently shooting at them.
Beware ducks! Next time you stop by I have a feeling that Brody will have caps in his gun!

5 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Brody is always ready to hunt!

Amy said...

He cracks me out. I love him.

Ann Hastings said...

That is halarious! I am not sure where he get's this hunting urge (haha)!

Jamie said...

That is adorable!! Kori loves being in underwear to!!

Leave It To Davis said...

Animals and birds of the world, BEWARE!!!