Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Stories

On Friday night Brody asked me, "Can you finish the kite story?" Kite story? I didn't know what he was talking about! He said, "Daddy Steve started it earlier but he didn't get to finish it. Can you tell it to me?" I told him that he'd have to ask Daddy Steve to finish it for him sometime. He turned to me and said, "Mama, do you have your phone on you?" I told him I did and he said, "I need it. I need to call Daddy Steve!" So I dialed the number and handed my phone over to a 2 year old. Daddy Steve was excited to hear it was Brody on the phone and began to tell him a story about a kite. I left the room to do a few chores and left Brody with the phone.

Almost 20 minutes later I came back into Barrett's room to find this:

Brody sitting in the baby swing (that's disassembled on the floor) talking on the phone with Barrett watching. I told him it was time to get off the phone. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be getting on to my 2 year old for being on the phone too long!!

3 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

That's halarious!!! He's so smart- it amzes me!!! Thanks for sharing the story and picture!

Steve and Joan said...

Brody or Barrett can call anytime for a story!

Daddy Steve

suzspeaks said...

So cute and funny! I love how he is just hanging out!!