Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break Fun

Today was the last day of Spring Break. Instead of fighting the crowds at the zoo (they reported over 23,000 on Wednesday), we headed to the lake! I called Daddy Steve this morning and asked if he'd want to take me and Brody kayaking. He said he'd be ready by 8:30. Brody was really excited to go and politely informed me that "I would really rather ride in Daddy Steve's kayak". I was excited when he changed his mind at the lake and decided to ride with me!



Notice Daddy Steve over Brody's shoulder.


Brody kept me entertained by talking to me the entire time. It's a little more difficult to paddle over a kid...and Body Pump this morning had already wasted my arms, but we still managed to paddle around for over an hour and a half.





From a ways off we saw what we thought was a flock of birds. They were so far away that we knew they had to be big birds and we couldn't resist going for a look. Looks like we stumbled across a flock of pelican!

There were only a few fishing boats on the lake this morning, so it was a very peaceful trip. We stopped a few times to breathe in the fresh air and feel the breeze on our faces.

7 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

So much fun- yeah for spring break, a beautiful day and great company :)

Anonymous said...

I am so blessed!

Daddy Steve

Jamie said...

How fun!!! what lake is this?

Rebecca said...

That looks like so much fun. Boo to Spring Break being over though!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a beautiful day to enjoy a relaxing tme on the lake. Looks like y'all were really having fun!!! That is GREAT!
Gmommy

Jenny Rizer said...

What a fun family Brody has! Lots of memories being created!

Teri said...

Looks like fun, love the pelicans! Kayaking is much better than the zoo...esp a crowded zoo. Our kids did some kayaking too, I'll post those soon.