Monday, March 02, 2009

One Year

Today marks one year since I left my job of 7 1/2 years as a fitness director/aerobics instructor/personal trainer/assistant superintendent of recreation to become an accountant for my mom. It's been quite a career change, but I've really loved it. I've learned so much in this past year. Not only is my mom an awesome mom, she's a great teacher and a boss that's fun to work for! I've really enjoyed working together. I've also enjoyed getting to see both my parents every day (Dad works from home too) and love that the boys are forming such a special relationship with them.

For some reason this day also brings some nostalgia. Maybe it's because I had a dream last night in which I was teaching an aerobics class back in Kansas, but today I'm really missing all my friends from Iron Works. If it wasn't so far, I'd just hop in the car and meet them for aerobics at 9 am. Then I'd stay around and talk with Junior and the other people at the gym. Maybe after tax season is over (and we move into our new house) we'll get a chance to go visit...

***EDIT***
See my parent's blog for pictures from my "Year of Service Recognition Day"

5 comments:

Jamie said...

That is quite a change. The change sounds like a wonderful blessing though. Congrats on the new house. Exciting!

Steve and Joan said...

One year at a new job is a big accomplishment! Your boss brags on your work a lot!

Office lunches are really fun, too! It's a blast getting to play with Brody and Barrett during my lunch most days.

I do understand how you miss the great Kansas people. Your friends in Kansas a truly quality people!

Dad

Ann Hastings said...

I can't believe it's been a year- wow, how time flies! We are so glad you're here working for Joan and living so close :) I know it's hard to leave places and jobs that you love, but you're handling it right by remembering the things you loved and looking back on them-you can always visit :)

Rebecca said...

I didn't even know you were moving until you commented on my last blog. When do you move? You staying in the same area?

Teri said...

Aww, how has it been a year??? We miss you too, terribly! Excited that you are loving TX, but still sad for our loss! We'd love a visit and still one of these days we have to get down there...after you move in and before the heat...