Thursday, May 01, 2008

Sneak Peek

Today we got a sneak peek of our baby boy. Mike, Brody, and I went to Baby Waves in Wichita for a 3d/4d ultrasound. It was so cool! The bed I was laying on was so comfortable (almost like a recliner) and there were nice chairs for Mike and Brody to sit in while we watched the sonogram on a big screen TV. The sonographer was really nice and said that she'd been doing sonograms for 27 years!

It is AMAZING the pictures that we were able to see of our little boy! We got DVD of the entire session, black & white prints, color prints, a diaper bag with lots of formula/diaper samples, and a CD with almost 100 pictures! Here's just a few of the many pictures we have.
Notice how his brow was furrowed in the picture below? I think he was starting to get annoyed with all the prodding from the sonographer!
In the picture below you can see his hand, leg, and foot that were all up by his head! It's amazing how flexible little babies are! He is so crowded in there!!


After she finished taking all the necessary measurements the sonographer asked Mike and I to guess at how much the baby weighs. We guessed a little over 3 pounds (this would go along with what Baby Center says he should weigh for as far along as I am). We were a way off. She said that he's already 4 1/2 pounds!!! Yikes! She predicted another big boy (Brody was 8 lbs 8 oz). Can you say OUCH!?!?

We did get another good picture of his boy parts...but it was so clear that I'm afraid I might be arrested if I were to post it online ;) lol! Besides...I think I've shown enough of those pictures that he'll be more than embarrassed later on in life!

16 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like you've got another heartbreaker on the way. :)

suzspeaks said...

Those are amazing!!!! That's so cool!

Unknown said...

holy cow, those are amazing!! He is so cute already!

Wow...4.5 pounds already! You go, mama!

RaeAnn said...

Those are awesome! Glad you got good pictures of his face. I think he's gonna look like Brody!

Steve and Joan said...

Did the sonographer tell you if he could say "outside" yet?

Brody is going to have fun with his new little brother. He can teach him all he knows about golf and baseball.

Thank you for sharing these first images of our new little one!!!

Anonymous said...

God created something special about faces. It is almost like seeing him for the first time at birth. I felt this overwhelming love already. I am sure he is wondering why his Namaw can't hold him yet!

Jamie said...

What a beautiful little face. I think you can already see a strong likeness to Brody. What a wonderful experience.

Ann Hastings said...

He's so sweet- I love these sonagrams, so neat! We can't wait to meet him and spoil him with love!

Anna said...

AMAZING! He is so cute! I agree I think he resembles Brody a lot...What fun your three boys (Mike included:-)) are going to have, and what special time you are going to have with all of them!

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

Neat pics! It's amazing how God creates each of us in our mother's womb! Even when you still have about 2 months left, there is so much life here. Glad everything is going well. :)

Amy said...

Wow.. these are fantastic!!! I may need to make a trip down to Wichita and see this same lady :)

Anonymous said...

McKenna just saw "THE BABY". I think it must have brought back some fond memories cause she smiled.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the "Sneak Peek" Such a pretty little boy--just like Brody. Now, I can hardly wait to hold him. It is fascinating that pictures like these can be made.

Shauna said...

ohhhhh - he is soooo cute!!! I just want to kiss his little face!

Rebecca said...

I don't mean to alarm you, but your baby has a floaing hand in your belly!!! What's up with that?!?

Anonymous said...

UNBELIEVABLE AND SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Can't wait to hold that precious
little guy!