Sunday, May 04, 2008

Loooooong Day

This morning was wonderful. Mike brought Brody to our bedroom around 7:30 am and Brody jumped on the bed and said, "Mommy, pancakes?!?" So I got up and made pancakes :) Then we just laid around and played with Brody and talked until it was time for church.

Here are a few pictures of us after church. I love it when Mike fixes Brody's hair for church...it always looks so cute!!! My boys are so cute! I can't wait until there's a second little boy in Mike's arms too!


After lunch the dreaded time was approaching. The time to drive back to Texas...and leave Mike behind in Kansas. I packed up our stuff while Mike spent as much time as he could with Brody. It was a painful, tearful goodbye. It's so hard to hug and kiss Mike and know that it'll be the last time I feel his touch for weeks, maybe even a month or more! I finally just had to get in the car and drive away.

It was a loooooong ride back to Texas. Brody was great on the way to Kansas...but I don't think he liked being in his carseat one bit on the way to Texas! He slept MAYBE 1.5 hours out of the 8 hours the trip took us. Most of the rest of the time he spent crying, whining, and screaming! I was at my wits end by the time we arrived at my parents' house! It was definitely worth it to get to spend over a week with Mike...but I'm very glad that next time we make the trip I won't be by myself!!!

3 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I am so glad you got to spend so much time there! The time will fly by- we'll all try and make sure of that!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I agree about Brody's hair--so cute and very stylish.

RaeAnn said...

Glad you got to come spend a week back in Kansas. Someone said in aerobics the other day that Brody was looking more like Mike, I think he is too. It's easier to see with them side by side.