Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday in Temple

While we were in Temple for Daddy Ken's funeral, we tried to do a few things to take our minds off of our grief. Brody was very helpful in keeping us entertained and smiling. On Thursday morning he convinced Daddy Steve, Caleb, & Tyler to walk to the park with him. One of his latest obsessions is buckles. He wants to make sure that any buckle is buckled together. It makes it hard to put on the back pack if you don't know that Brody snuck away to hook all the straps together!
The guys walked down by a creek and found a bush full of honeysuckle. Daddy Steve let Brody taste it and he kept saying, "Like it!" and "Good!!"
My ever inventive brothers found a tennis ball in the bushes and decided to play a match using their flip flops as tennis rackets!
The guys had to take showers after playing so hard and then it was off to the church. Grandmommy's church made a WONDERFUL meal for all the family before the funeral on Thursday. They even sent her home with an ice chest full of leftovers!

Here's a picture of Daddy Ken's brother (Uncle Guy) trying to convince Brody that it would be more fun to go back to the family life center and eat lunch than to go to the courtyard and play on the slide. Good luck with that one!
Grandmommy, Dad, and Cindy
After the funeral we all went back to Grandmommy's house. McKenna was in a really good mood. How could anyone (especially Grandmommy) resist smiling along with her?!?
I had no clue that I would also be part of the entertainment! The blindingly white blurr in the bottom right corner of this picture is my belly. For a little while everyone sat around just watching my belly and laughing every time the baby would move. He was being really active and my belly was rollin' around like the ocean tide!
Of course Brody didn't let Daddy Steve forget the most important job. Mowing! The weather cleared up on Thursday, so after Brody's nap it was time to mow!
Sharon and Sheila brought fajitas and fixin's over for dinner (they were delicious!!!) All the "kids" sat in the sun room to eat. Before long Brody convinced Tyler to go outside with him. We all watched as Tyler and Brody would spin around and around and then try to walk across the yard.
By the end of the day we were all exhausted. Without me even asking, Caleb and Audria offered to rub my feet!!! Then Audria said, "Do you need me to massage anything else?" I couldn't turn that down...so I got a back rub too! What a relaxing end to a loooong day.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Brody on Steve's back on the mower is my favorite in this bunch. And Brody's obsession with buckles... Do you think he's a future engineer?

Amy said...

Just looking at them rubbing your feet makes me want to go take a nap. haha So relaxing.
It's so wonderful to be around all of the family at times like this.

Teri said...

Sounds like the perfect end to a long day! Hugs!

Leave It To Davis said...

I now have to go and edit my blog....Joan is no longer the most wonderful sister-in-law in the world......she never ONCE offered to rub my feet! Audria, you have your mother-in-law beat at sister-in-lawing! :)