Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christmas in Texas

Where to begin?!?!? This is going to be a LONG post..so you may want to read it over several trips to the John rather than just one (if you have a laptop and read blogs while you use the John.) We had a wonderful time in Texas over Christmas. We drove down the 22nd after work. As soon as we got there (meaning Mom snatched Brody out of the car and started walking off) we headed down to Ron & Jan's. Matt & Julie & family were there and were anxious to see Brody! Caleb & Audria stopped by to see us on their way home from seeing ICE at the Gaylord.

Saturday morning we got up early so that we could get to the mall to get a picture of Brody with Santa Claus. The paper said he would be there all mall hours and the mall opened at 7 am. We arrived at 8:30 and found this:
So we ran some errands and came back to get the much sought after picture with Santa.

I know...Brody's not looking at the camera...but at least he wasn't crying!

After Santa, we went to Ann's parent's house for lunch. GG and Sissie went with us too. We had fun talking with Ann's parents and grandmas. I also got a precious picture of Brody.


Ok...so that was 2 pics. I couldn't decide which one I like best ;) After lunch we went to Tyler and Ann's to see their new apartment.

Sunday we went to church and Caleb & Audria came over to Dad & Mom's house for lunch.

Then Brody had his first taste of baby cereal. I expected him to spit it out...but I was wrong. He gobbled it up and wanted more! I guess he's ready for baby food. (Yesterday I made some sweet potato baby food with the Magic Bullet that my parents got us for Christmas! It tastes much better than the stuff in the jars!)

Christmas Eve Brody left some special treats out for Santa.

Christmas morning we hung out with Dad & Mom until Caleb, Audria, Tyler, Ann, GG, & Sissie got there. We had lunch and then opened presents.

Daddy Steve & Brody enjoy the calm before the storm on Christmas morning.

Back: Caleb, Mike, Tyler, Front: Audria, Staci, Ann

After we opened gifts, Ron & Jan...and their whole family came over for a Christmas dinner. It was exciting because we FINALLY got to meet Jon's girlfriend, Cindy!!!

Here's everyone (except for Matt). Sadly...this is the only day we got to see Julie and her kids. They all got sick later in the week :(

Tuesday after Christmas we headed south to see Dad's side of the family. We had Christmas dinner this year at Sharon & Sheila's house! It was yummy!!! It was so good (or we were having so much fun with Brody) that we forgot to take a group shot! Ugh. I'm sure Mike's not complaining. I had to laugh at Jon's reply to Mike on Christmas. Mike was complaining about more picture taking and Jon said, "You married into the wrong family if you don't like having your picture taken!" lol. Paula told Dad that he takes more pictures in a month than she takes in an entire year! What can I say? We like to preserve the memories...and digital cameras have only helped :) All that to say...I can't believe we didn't get a group shot! Here's the best I have: Sharon, Daddy Ken, Grandmommy, Cindy, Ginger, Staci, Brody, & Bryan (with his back to us)

Grandmommy had a cold...but she REALLY wanted to hold Brody. So she put on her winter gloves and a face mask! lol. I think Brody really enjoyed it. While we were at Daddy Ken and Grandmommy's house, Caleb and Mike invented a new game with a quarter. Audria and I couldn't believe that they played a game with a quarter for over an HOUR!!!Wednesday, Mike and Caleb went to the shooting range...but since Dad didn't go with them I don't have any pictures ;) That night Dad, Mom, Mike, Brody and I went to dinner with Caleb & Audria at Spring Creek BBQ. Brody was facinated by the fans on the ceiling and talked to them during the whole dinner!

Thursday I had lunch with Megan and Juli Beth. It's an annual tradition that we have. We've been friends since elementary school (or earlier) and it's wonderful to get together and talk. We're always able to pick up right where we left off. It's great b/c we all have blogs so it's easier to keep up with what's going on in each others lives!Thursday night Mark, Angela, Caleb, Audria, Tyler, & Ann came over for dinner and the Mavs game. Billy & Paula and family stopped by for a visit and we just had to get a group shot. This was the fun shot :)Friday we had lunch with GG and Sissie


Then Friday night Dad & Mom babysat Brody so that Mike and I could go on a DATE!!! It was so fun to get to go to a sit down restaurant! We made sure to follow the "don't get home before the babysitter gets the kids go bed" rule ;)

Saturday we went to the Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas to see the exhibit Body World It was a very cool exhibit that's hard to describe without sounding gross. It was an excellent A & P lesson! Saturday night Mike and Dad went to Mark's team's basketball game (they won the tourney!)

Sunday morning we headed back to KS. It was a busy but very fun week! We're excited to go back again later this month for Patrick & Noel's wedding! Be sure and post a comment and let me know if you actually made it to the end of this incredibly long post! lol

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, I made it all the way through in one sitting!!!! Your blog is always so interesting and I love seeing the pictures!!! You have a special gift (like your dad) for story telling. I was a little disappointed that there was no "group" picture for our family, but maybe next time. and, hopefully, next time Daddy Ken and I both will be feeling much better. We appreciate your visit - always!!!!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Staci- I really enjoyed our time together as usual. I just wish we could do it more often! And of course I made it through in one sitting- I take my time on the John! Just kidding- David and I read it after the kids were in bed. I'm glad to know you had such a wonderful time with your family. Love you and hope to see/talk to you soon. JB

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog about your trip to Texas. Sometimes it seemed that Brody was the only one we were glad to see, but we did know that you and Mike were here. It was so good to have all my grandchildren in one place even for a short time.

Anna said...

I loved reading about your trip! Sounds like you had a great trip! I check your blog everyday...so I was wondeing where you had been:-) Great stories...Brody is getting so big! Maybe I should start Holden on cereal!
Anna:-)

Anonymous said...

I love looking at all these pics! And I can't wait to see you at the big event in just a few weeks!

RaeAnn said...

Looks like you had a good time with family and friends in Texas. I looked last night at work to see if you had posted anything yet and decided to read it when I got home but I did read it all at about 11:30 last night. Scott did too!

Anonymous said...

Such fun and memories with family -
that's great and thanks for sharing!! Can't believe how much Brody has grown in just a few weeks - what a blessed child to have such a loving extended family! Love you guys and see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Made it! Sounds like a great trip! Glad all went well.

Unknown said...

You guys were busy! The picture of Brody and your dad is definitely a framer! I am glad you guys had such a good Christmas!

Also, I made it through in one sitting (in a chair, not on the john).

Anonymous said...

We always do a lot when ya'll come in but it is a lot of fun!!

Rebecca said...

I made it to the end...do I get a prize?