Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Rejoice!

I know I've told you before about the numerous stars that I see when I leave for work at 4:30 am. The stars in the country are amazing! This morning I saw a falling star as I was driving to work. Immediately a verse sprang to mind:
"The Heavens delcare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands."
Psalm 19:1
It made me think..."How do I plan to glorify my savior today?" How about you? Will you complain about the weather, gas prices, war, politics, work (or how early you have to get up for work! lol), children, family...or instead will you rejoice? Rejoice in the fact that God has shown mercy on you, a sinner, and saved you thru the precious blood of Jesus Christ.


In every thing we can find a reason to rejoice. Brody woke up crying at 3 am....I rejoice that I have a child to love and care for. I had to wake up at 3:45 am to get ready for work...I rejoice that I have a job to go to (especially one that allows me to bring Brody with me!). The Democrats prevailed in the last elections...I rejoice that God is in control and can be comforted in the fact that nothing has happened that he has not allowed. Mike spent all evening at a church council meeting...I rejoice that I have a husband that loves Christ. I could go on and on. Instead of focusing on what's gone wrong this morning...what are you rejoicing in today?

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:4-7

9 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

AMEN! I agree. I have been trying so hard lately to stay focused on scripture and what positive things are happening in my life. That doesn't mean that I never get frustrated, mad, sad, etc, but I believe that focusing on Christ will make all of our lives much happier. Thank you for this post.
JB

Anonymous said...

Thanks for directing our focus to things above instead of the things of this earth - GREAT POST!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amen sister! Well spoken :)

Anonymous said...

That is one thing I would love about living in the country instead of in Ft Worth.... you must have a gorgeous view every morning! I only get to see a handful of stars.... yet still, every morning when I leave for work I always look heavenward and drink in the beautiful sight! God constantly amazes me with the complexity of his creation.

Julie said...

I rejoice with you in all those things. I rejoice that my child has healthy lungs with which to cry. I rejoice that he takes such simple pleasures like pressing the garage door button over and over again. I rejoice that my child will hear the name of Jesus in our house because our parents chose for the name of Jesus to be heard in our house growing up.

AND I WAS THERE!!! So sad we didn't cross paths!

Anonymous said...

I rejoice that God let us have a daughter like you!
Love, Mom

suzspeaks said...

What a reminder!! Thank you so much...

Unknown said...

Such a good reminder! This morning, I was actually thinking about this also when I found myself rejoicing that my child has the ability to walk and a curious nature when he helped me perform many tasks that may have taken about 1/3 of the time. We are truly, truly blessed!

Rebecca said...

I'm back!!! I have been keeping up with you though. Brody truely is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. I typically think they're pretty ugly until their about 6 months old, but Brody has been cute since picture #1!