Thursday, January 25, 2007

Special Day

Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday! This was my first birthday with Brody here. It gave me a new perspective. My parents called me at 5:50 am (I was born at 5:45...guess it took them a few minutes to clear their throats) to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. Every year they tell me about when I was born and about how little I was and what a joy I was/am to them. It took on a new, special meaning this year.

I had a pretty good day yesterday (besides having to go to a funeral). Mike beat me home from work and had flowers on the table and dinner in the oven! We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes (the way I like them), fried okra, garlic cheese biscuits, red velvet cake, and ice cream. We ate HEALTHY last night! lol After dinner we watched a dvd that I got in the mail from Caleb & Audria. It was a video that they made along with Dad, Mom, Tyler, & Ann wishing me happy birthday. It was so sweet! (yes...I cried). Caleb & Audria also sent a shirt for Brody...but that's for another post ;)

I just had a random memory...when I was in elementary school it was a BIG deal when it was your birthday because you got to read the lunch menu over the announcements! I always felt bad for Caleb because his birthday was in the summer. I'm not sure if they did something special for summer birthdays or not?

3 comments:

RaeAnn said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday yesterday. It's a good thing we stayed at Tina's a little while so Mike could have tha all ready for you! I wish you many more happy birthdays!

Unknown said...

Happy late birthday! Your dinner sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, sorry I was not one of the ones to wish you happy birthday. Happy Birthday! I am reading posts backwards to here, so it is great that you can eat this way and stillll fit into your prom dress. LOL!