Friday, January 12, 2007

Brrrr!!!

It's cold here today! On my way into work there were light snow flurries falling and the temperature was 15 degrees with a windchill of 2 degrees. Brrrrrr!!! They're forecasting yucky weather all weekend. We'll see what actually rolls in (you know how weather men like to hype things up so that people will watch). We're supposed to go to a parenting conference tonight and tomorrow morning. I hope we get to go! Tedd Tripp (author of Shepherding a Child's Heart) is the speaker and we've really been looking forward to it.

On the Brody front...he's now able to enjoy rice cereal, sweet potatoes, and carrots! Yesterday he had a diaper that displayed all the different foods (it was hyper colored!). I'll spare you the picture that I took of it (I emailed it to Mike so that he wouldn't miss any of Brody's milestones! lol) Instead...I'll share the picture during
And after:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I'm not sure I'd be admitting to photographing the diaper...just kidding! It's so fun to experience the milestones! Great pictures. It is cold though, I was surprised the dogs went out!

Staci said...

I took a pic of the diaper because...well because if you know me you know that I take pics of pretty much everything! It was just so weird looking with bright green and bright orange that I was laughing! I thought Mike could use a little cheering up yesterday...so I sent him a pic of a poopy diaper! LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was the biggest smile yet I have seen on Brody's face. It's like "Mom, I did it, are'nt you proud!!!!" Hope y'all get to go to the conference and hope it does not get as bad as they are forecasting. Be careful and stay warm. We love y'all. Looking forward to the next post.

Shauna said...

That cracks me up! I love the during picture! My poor kids make those faces too! I would love the poop picture, personally! Its very exciting when it is all hypercolor like that! Just wait until he can eat the colored goldfish and colored animal crackers!

suzspeaks said...

The during picture is great! Too funny about taking a pic of the poop too! YOu're a funny girl!

RaeAnn said...

That's funny! You are always good at grabbing the camera to capture pictures like that, Brody pooping. I'm usually too intrigued by the event that I can't capture it! I noticed the pictures were taken at work so thought I would see if they were on the computer! Yup! There's the poopy diaper! Way to go Brody! Just wait until he starts eating more solids! Cheyenne's are staring to stink more!

Anonymous said...

Brody,
We are so proud!
Love, Namaw

Unknown said...

I always wished I had taken a pooping face picture of Jackson - that and his pouty lip that I could just never get. Wait till Brody starts eating table food veggies (chunks, not pureed) such as corn and carrots. Then you can take a pretty nasty picture, but you will probably have to hurry because it stinks.

Rebecca said...

Ew...not a mom yet, so that's all I have to say! :)

Rebecca said...

I was hinting to both of course. We did go looking at rings a few weeks ago, and I found the one I've been wanting, but it wasn't serious looking. We are talking about getting married in June though.