Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Waaaaa!!

Brody had his 4 month doctor's appointment yesterday. He did really well (smiled at the nurses and Debbie)...then came time for the shots. He had to have 4 shots (2 in each leg). I was so glad that Mike was able to go with me. He held down Brodys arms while they gave him the shots. His little body tensed up so tight and he was SCREAMING! The nurses gave him the shots and then left the room. Mike and I were left in there with a little baby that was crying so hard and we couldn't get him to calm down. I tried nursing him...but he was crying so hard he couldn't breathe to nurse! Finally Mike soothed him enough to walk outside without too much of a ruckus. Whew! Glad that's over...for now.

Brody weighed in at 15 pounds 3 ounces (in the 60th percentile) and was 26 3/4" long (90th percentile). Debbie said that once he starts showing an interest in what we're doing when we eat that it will be ok to start him off on rice cereal.

______________________________________

Something REALLY exciting happened last night...but my picture of it is at home so you'll have to wait to find out. Instead I'll finally get around to answering the questions that Megan tagged me over a week ago!

A - Available or single: neither
B - Best Friend: Mike is my best friend, my parents and Julie L. come in 2nd :)
C - Cake or Pie: PIE, pecan, Grandmommy's chocolate, my caramel apple crunch
D - Drink of choice: I have to have juice to take my vitamins (strange, I know, but I feel like I choke on them when I take them with water!)...but besides that all I drink is water
E - Essential Item you use everyday: breast pump, nalgene bottle
F - Favorite color: blue
G - Gummy Bears or worms: worms
H - Hometown: Arlington, Texas
I - Indulgence: pictures, chocolate, caramel mocha
J - January or February: January- the 24th is the best day ;)
K - Kids & Names: Brody
L - Life is Incomplete Without? a relationship with Christ, a loving husband, and close knit family
M - Marriage Date: August 7, 1999
N - Number of Siblings: 3 brothers & 3 sisters (well...only 2 brothers but I consider my in-laws siblings now...I always wanted sisters :)
O - Oranges or Apples: if the apple is crispy then apples...otherwise oranges
P - Phobias or Fears: losing Mike or Brody, being home alone after dark
Q - Fave Quote: The only thing that comes to mind is a quote that I read from the Office (a show I only see when we're in TX). Not really my favorite...but the only one I can think of, "You don't call retarded people retards, you call your friends retards when they're acting like retarded people!"
R - Reason to Smile: when Mike gets home from work and gives me a hug, when Brody laughs, when I get to see my family
S - Season: Fall. The turning leaves make such wonderful pictures!
T - Tag 3 or 4 people: Kate, Marcia, RaeAnn, Noel
U - Unknown Fact about Me: I've been wearing the same earrings in my ears since Megan and I each got our upper ear pierced at a tattoo parlor when we turned 18. I've taken them out for very few special occasions (weddings mainly) in the past 9 years! I just never think about it!
V- Vegetable You Don't Like: mushrooms (is that a veggie?)
W - Worst Habit: poping my knuckles. it drives Mike crazy (especially during church! I get a lot of elbows)
X - Xrays: my teeth (at my yearly dentist appt), my back
Y - Your Fave Food: Grandmommy's rolls, mom's fried chicken, Mike's green beans (actually ANYTHING Mike cooks is amazing), and any of Nancy's baked goods (except for the pumpkin muffins that she made while Mike was sick...but that's another story! lol)
Z - Zodiac Sign: aquarius (glad Megan knew this one...I can never remember!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe you still have that earring in! Mine never healed right...it ALWAYS hurt. I think it lasted a few months and then I gave up. That was a really fun memory-who would have ever guessed that you could find Staci in a tatoo parlor!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had that done in a tatoo parlor!

Staci said...

In my defense...Mom and I went to the mall and I got my upper ear pierced when I was 16 and it got really infected! Megan and I learned that you should have your ear "pierced" not have an earring SHOVED thru your ear like they do at the mall. At the tatoo parlor they pierce your ear with a needle and the pull the earring back thru when they pull the needle back thru. This also meant that I could have a small hoop rather than a stud (much more comfy). Don't worry...we didn't go out and smoke weed with the tatoo man! lol