Friday, December 01, 2006

Cancelled Visit

Today's a sad day. My parents were supposed to come up from TX for a visit this weekend. We haven't seen them in 1.5 months (half of Brody's life!) and won't be going to TX again until Christmas. Yesterday when I talked to Mom she didn't sound too good. She said that she had a cold. It didn't worry me because Nancy had a bad cold and was at our house all weekend a week or two ago. Mike and I have already had a cold and Brody's got a cold right now!

Then yesterday the weather took a turn for the worse. There was ice and snow thru KS, OK, & TX. Dad & Mom decided to wait until later this morning to see what the roads were like.

This morning when they woke up Mom was feeling worse and roads still weren't totally cleared. On my way home from work Dad called to tell me that Mom had gone back to bed and that they weren't coming. I'm glad that Mom will get a weekend of rest to recover from her cold. I'm also glad that I don't have to worry about them driving thru the ice/snow. But...I do have to admit that after I got off the phone with Dad I cried the rest of the way home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh RATS!! How disappointing. I know I have been horribly homesick this week as we said Goodbye to Chris' brother and his family Monday for 3 years. I think I had a panic attack, I cried so hard!

RaeAnn said...

I'm sorry. I know you were looking forward to seeing them and them seeing you. Hopefully the next couple of weeks pass quickly.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Staci, that's sad. I hope that your mom feels better. We can't wait to see you at Christmas. Megan and I want to have our annual dinner, if it works out. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

How sad! I know how disappointing it is to be excited about something and then to have it cancelled. Hope you had a good weekend anyway!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry... that's disappointing, but I hope you had an okay weekend anyway!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry...I know how that goes!

And Ryan loves his doorway jumper more than just about anything also!!!