Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Taco Soup

Isn't he the sweetest looking baby boy? We had fun doing a photo shoot at home after my mom sent Brody a Santa hat that says "Baby's First Christmas". Of course then I had the song "Santa Baby (only insert Brody rather than Baby)" stuck in my head for the rest of the weekend! lol

He was so sweet that morning while we took pictures...but later on it was a different story. On Friday night I made some taco soup. It is sooooo yummy on a cold day. It has beef, tomatoes, and different kinds of beans. Lots of different beans. BEANS! Can you tell that's where the trouble began?

I ate the soup Friday night and Saturday for lunch. Saturday afternoon/evening Brody was kinda fussy and I wondered if it was the soup. I've never eaten anything that's affected him adversely, so I just chalked it up to him having a fussy afternoon and ate the soup again for lunch on Sunday. I now know that I was wrong. Brody was not a sweet smelling baby on Sunday night. He had 3 dirty diapers in 45 minutes before we left for Bible study, 2 at Bible study, and another one after we got home! Yikes!

So let's look at the positive side...I learned that Brody can't handle that many beans at once. I learned the art of quickly unbuttoning his onesie as soon as I hear the explosion just in case the diaper decided to leak so that I wouldn't have to change his clothes again. And most importantly...I finally got a chance to open the Mylicon my cousin Julie bought me :)

2 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Brody is so cute in that picture! It's always fun when you figure out you ate something you shouldn't have. It is usually something good too!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute picture! Santa Baby is my least favorite Christmas song (it has to do with a girl in high school who sang it rather seductively), but I think I could handle Santa Brody! Sorry about the beans and the poop explosions. Mylicon is a wonder drug!