Friday, December 14, 2012

Homemade Snow Globe....filled with money!!

According to my resource for all things teacher (Audria), one of a teacher's favorite gifts is a gift card.  I can see how that would be more useful than 22 bottles of smelly lotion (that you may or may not like the scent of) or 22 baked goods (which we all love...but if each student brought baked goods...well...even I would suffer from sugar overload and holiday binging regret!)  In the past I have given teachers gift cards...but I try to think of something more inventive than a card to give it to them in.  This year the boys and I made snow globes and I think they turned out super cute!!

This was one of the easiest craft projects I've ever done (and if you know me...you know I haven't done too many craft projects! lol)  I took the lid off a mason jar, put a strip of hot glue on the inside of the lid, and stuck a gift card in the glue so that it was standing upright.  Then I glued a little tree I found at Walmart (it was $0.75 in one of the bins by the snow village decorations) next to the gift card.  Next Barrett helped me by pouring some glitter into the mason jar.  Then we filled it to the top with water, dropped in a few little ornaments, and (once the hot glue was good and dry) put the lid back on the jar.  Add a bow and a gift tag and there you have a snow globe gift card holder!
 

2 comments:

sweetlizzy said...

That's so cute! Being in the water doesn't mess up the gift card does it? Cause if it doesn't I'm gonna bring one to my work Christmas party. I think that's the best idea I've seen this year :D

Leave It To Davis said...

did you make that up yourself?