Friday, December 14, 2012

All I want for Christmas is...ammo!?!?

Today as we were going to school, I told the boys that we needed to go shopping for a Christmas present for Daddy.  Brody responded, "Oh.  I already know what we want to get him."  "You do?" I asked.  "Yes.  We need to go to Cabela's and Barrett and I wanna get him a machine gun and a rocket launcher!"

I had to hold back the laughter that wanted to burst out of my mouth and instead said, "Well...I don't think you can just pick those up at Cabela's...but maybe there's something else at Cabela's that Daddy would like."

I don't know why I was surprised that the boys wanted to get Mike a machine gun and a "real" rocket launcher.  Here are some of the things from the wishlist they gave us and Grammy:

Brody:
  • Pistol BB gun
  • Regular BB gun
  • Cross bow and quiver
  • Camo muzzle loader
  • Machine nerf gun
  • .22 pistol
  • Walkie talkies
    (Not to mention he asked Santa for a "whole package of BB guns")
Barrett:
  • "Bow arm holder" ie a quiver
  • Bow and arrow
  • Little pistol BB gun
  • Double barrel shotgun
  • Air soft gun
  • Pocket knife
  • Walkie talkies
The only other thing Barrett has really been asking for is a skateboard (that's what he's asked Santa for every time he's seen him...3 times now!).  Yet another thing that I don't think he's old enough for....or maybe I'm just not ready for a hospital visit for broken limbs. 

Our boys' Christmas list is most definitely a boys dream list....but can you see why we're having just a little bit of trouble figuring out what to get our FOUR and SIX year olds?!?

3 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

We still find air soft bbs in our yard and it's been 10 years since they played with them. I don't think they will ever deteriorate...kind of like styrofoam cups.

Mom said...

Should this make me nervous? Haven't you seen the movie "you'll shoot your eye out"?

Anonymous said...

4 is old enough for a skateboard. They are closer to the ground and less likely to get hurt, right? :)