Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Footed Jammies!!!!

Last night Barrett went with me to Wal-Mart to pick up his new glasses. While we were there we did a little bit of shopping for other stuff. As we walked by the boys section Barrett exclaimed, "THEY HAVE SOME THAT ARE MY SIZE!!" I followed his pointing finger to see heaven open up and sunlight streaming down on a pair of camo footed jammies. (At least I think that's the way Barrett saw it!)  Personally, I thought they were pretty ugly...but he thought they were awesome!  He's been asking for some footed jammies for a while now...but I thought they seemed kinda babyish...so I haven't purchased any for him.  Last night he said that he'd decided to use his stars (money they earn doing chores) to buy himself a pair of footed jammies.

Since they only had size 3T or 5T (no 4T), he insisted on trying on the 5T's to make sure they fit.  Sure enough...they did (and his new glasses looked good with them too!)
 
I can't even began to describe his enthusiasm about theses footed jammies.  He hugged them the rest of our shopping trip with a huge smile plastered across his face.  He even made up a song about them! 
"I've got footed jammies!  I've got footed jammies!  I've got footed jammies!
I'm gonna keep them for forever and then I'll pass them down to my kids!" 

Yes...he was very excited about them.  As we rode home he'd say, "Momma?"  "Yes Bear?"  "I have footed jammies!" he'd exclaim and then grin from ear to ear!  This morning he asked me to go straight from dropping Brody off at school to work so "maybe Namaw will still be in her jammies too and we can match!"  I texted Namaw and let her know Barrett's plan....so she put on her footed jammies (a present from all of us last Christmas) and waited for Barrett.  He was so excited to cuddle with her....and I didn't think I was ever gonna get him to put real clothes on today!
 

2 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Congratulations, Barrett, on making your first purchase for your sons and their sons....take good care of them so they will last! Namaw, I can't believe you wear footed pjs. hmmmmm.

Mom said...

It was fun seeing him have such joy with his purchase.