Saturday, August 06, 2011

PASS!!!

While we were in Galveston, Mike was in St. Louis.  His trip wasn't a trip for pleasure though.  He spent 16+ hours each day studying for his Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.  He obtained his CAPM (certified associate in project management) before Barrett was born and has been working towards his PMP since then.  He took a boot camp prep class in St. Louis to help him prepare for the exam.  On the first day of the class the instructor advised the class to schedule their exam for at least a month after the prep course ended so that they'd have sufficient time to study.  Oops!  Mike had already scheduled his exam in Bedford, TX for the day after the prep course ended!  He was able to push it back a day (to Saturday morning) so that he'd be sure to have a good night's rest before the exam...but he decided to go ahead and take the exam. 

We got home on Friday evening from Galveston to a bleary eyed, brain fried Mike.  He said he was starting to go cross eyed looking at his computer screen!  We were all exhausted from our week of fun (and the trip home), so we turned in early with him.  (We were in bed by 9:15!)

Mike's exam started at 8 am on Saturday morning and I wasn't expecting to hear from him before 12:30 or 1 pm.  I was shocked when he called at 11:45!  I knew that since the test was electronic he would find out the result immediately...so I held my breath as I answered the phone.

"Well...we need to save up a few hundred dollars." he said with a dejected tone in his voice. (The retake costs a few hundred bucks.)

My heart dropped.  "Oh no!  You didn't pass?!?" 

"I didn't say that," he said.  "We need to save up a few hundred buck to get me a PRESENT BECAUSE I PASSED!!!!!!!"

YAY!!!!!!  I am so proud of him!  I knew he could do it...but it was great to hear the excitement and relief in his voice when he said those words! 

6 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

lol....don't you hate when they do that??? Congratulations, Mike!!! Don't forget the little people you leave behind. :)

Sharon said...

Great accomplishment!!! Very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Now Mike has the initials "PMP" along with "DAD" to put after his signature! Congratulations!

Steve

GG said...

I am happy over your success on that test. I think you deserve a nice present. I know your company is proud ot you.

Joan said...

Congratulations Mike! I am so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mike!!! I am so proud for you.
Gmommy