Sunday, August 14, 2011

Can he really be FIVE?!?

Last night as I tucked Brody in bed I said for the last time, "You're my favorite 4 year old in the entire world!"  Never again will I get to say that to him...now I'll have to tell him he's my favorite 5 year old in the entire world!  I still can't belive that Brody turned FIVE today.  It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that it's been 5 years since we were in that little hospital in Lyons, KS holding our son for the first time.  It has been an amazing 5 years.  Brody blows us away with his compassion for others and his enthusiasm for life.  It is a true joy to be his parents!  This morning he walked into the kitchen, gave me a huge hug, and said, "Thank you so much for having me!  I'm so glad God made you my mommy!"  He definitely knows how to melt my heart!

We reserve getting donuts for special occasions...and this morning was one of those days.  The boys were super excited to go to the donut store and pick out donuts for everyone (Grammy and Mark & Angela are still in town).  We sang Happy Birthday to Brody with his breakfast donut (and then re-lit the candle for both Barrett and Jayden to take turns blowing it out! lol)

My how he's grown.  It's happened WAY too fast!!!!

click on the collage to see full screen
After church this morning Grammy got out something she thought the kids would have fun doing with her....origami.  She didn't realize that it wasn't kid level origami (it was hard for us!) and that it would lose their attention fairly quickly. 

Brody absolutely LOVES babies.  He had fun holding Laney and showing her one of his baby bears.

Later we tried to get a picture of Grammy with her grandkids (Barrett, Jayden, Brody, & Laney).  You know how that goes!  Either someone's talking, someone's not looking at the camera, or someone's crying in every picture! 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow!! I can't believe it either! Happy birthday Brody!!

Leave It To Davis said...

The boys are changing so much so fast. They are so handsome. I have never thought Brody looked like anyone but Mike, but for the first time, I think I see a little bit of Joan in that last picture. Is it his smile....his eyes? Anyway, Happy late birthday Brody. We're so glad you came into the world!!!