Friday, August 26, 2011

"Oh! That Josh."

Tyler and Ann brought Brody home from Collin's house on Wednesday night (after Barrett's surgery).  Before they left, Tyler told a story that had us all laughing.  It was a conversation he had with Brody on his way to pick up Ann from work in Grapevine.

Tyler, "Those are the apartments Josh lives in." (He pointed to the apartments where our cousin Josh lives as they drove past.)

Brody, "No.  That's not where Josh lives."

Tyler, "Yes it is."

Brody, "No it's not!  Why do you think he lives there?"

Tyler, "Because he told me that's where he lives."
Brody, "When did he tell you that?"

Tyler, "I don't know.  Maybe it was at your birthday party?"

Brody, "Josh wasn't at my birthday party!"

Tyler, "Yes he was."

Brody, "No he wasn't.  I know Josh wasn't at my party."

Tyler, "Yes he was!  He swam with us in the pool...remember?!?"

Brody, "No.  I know he wasn't there."

Tyler, "Ok.  Whatever." (Knowing full well that Josh WAS at Brody's birthday party...he gave in rather than continuing to argue with a 5 year old)

It was silent for a minute or so in the car and then all of the sudden Brody said, "OH!  THAT Josh.  Yeah, he was there!"

Tyler, "What Josh did you think I was talking about?"
Brody, "Josh Hamilton."

LOL!  What can I say?  The Texas Rangers are never far from that boy's mind!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

SO cute!

Wendi said...

That is hilarious! I'll have to tell Wade.. he would be proud. :)

Leave It To Davis said...

lol....so cute. I love that Tyler was arguing with him.

Anonymous said...

That was too funny. Brody is obsessed with the Rangers, expecially Josh Hamilton. He is a dyed in the wool Rangers fan!! I know nothing about baseball, so I will never be able to carry on a conversation with Brody - maybe he could teach me about baseball.
Gmommy