Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Night at the Ballpark

Yesterday one of Daddy Steve and Namaw's neighbors gave us Texas Rangers tickets.  She gave us tickets for both last night's game AND tonight's game!  Since Mike had a softball game last night, I invited Daddy Steve and Namaw to go with me and the boys to the game.  It was a little warm the first 30 minutes because our seats were directly in the sun...but once the sun went behind the stadium it didn't feel bad!  The Rangers played a GREAT game (won 9-2) and it was fun to watch!  Barrett actually watched some of the game this time, however, his favorite part is when they play music that causes all the fans to clap along!  He loves music!

Brody, on the other hand, was 100% into the game.  It was so fun to listen to him talk about the game!  I'm amazed with how much he knows not only about the Rangers...but about baseball in general!  It was funny to watch the fans around us eavesdrop on Brody.  Some of them turned around and began to engage him in baseball talk!  They were shocked that a 4 year old (yes...I still have 5 more days before I have to admit I have a 5 year old!) knows that much about baseball!  Here he is explaining the scoreboard to Barrett...
I tried to get him to smile at me between innings...but he wouldn't take his eyes off the highlights video they were playing on the scoreboard! lol


Barrett found other things to keep his interest during the game...like the gallon zip loc back of peanuts that I brought to the game.
Seeing how the game didn't start until 7:05 (and Barrett's usually in bed by 8 pm), Barrett soon got sleepy.   He never fell asleep, but he did climb up in my lap and suck his thumb. 

It was a GREAT night at the Ballpark in Arlington!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brody is amazingly aware of everything about the Rangers. I called off all the Rangers players' names and he would call out their number. If a player was in a new position tonight he would tell everyone "Hey, (name of player) doesn't usually play left field!" And he would correct me if I mispronounced a players name - even the hard names to pronounce!

It was so much fun!!!

Daddy Steve