Friday, August 05, 2011

Goodbye Ocean!

This morning Namaw and Grammy decided they'd had enough of the salt and sand of the ocean and they volunteered to stay at the hotel and pack up to leave.  Barrett wanted to stay with them (and swim in the hotel pool) but Brody wanted one more morning of beach volleyball.  Tropical storm Don was headed our way and we could see lots of storm clouds on the horizon.  I took this picture of Brody (using my iPhone) not long after we arrived at the beach...
Thankfully the storm cloud blew over and we kept right on playing. We played in the waves and in the sand until it was time to go shower/pack. 

We had so much fun this week at the beach.  I loved seeing the boys excitement over the enormity of the ocean.  I also enjoyed spending the week with my mom and my mother-in-law.  We made lots of memories that will last a lifetime! 

4 comments:

sweetlizzy said...

wow, that picture is amazing!! God's creations are just so beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Love those cumulus clouds. They are so beautiful.
Gmommy

Leave It To Davis said...

With your I-PHONE??? wow! That is an amazing phone camera!

Leave It To Davis said...

I loved looking at your vacation pictures!!! Thanks for sharing!!!